LanguageCraft® is the 501c3 nonprofit private practice and consultancy of Lucas Steuber, MS CCC/SLP, MA-T. I work with children from infancy to early adulthood in the areas of speech, language, and social thinking, with a specialization on design and intervention of augmentative and alternative communication and low-incidence disorders. I am also the founder of The Ignite Project, an after school and summer program supporting children of all learning profiles in their physical, academic, and social/emotional growth, and the Director of Clinical R&D for Avaz Inc., creators of FreeSpeech.
While we can sometimes be busy, we commit to everyone that you will receive a free initial consultation and the best experience we can possibly offer you - including the potential for high-frequency intervention and scholarships. Please do not let concerns about timeline or cost keep you from reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, (503) 943-0998, or fax at 1 503 966-1484.
The writing of LanguageCraft® founder Lucas Steuber has been featured in academic, trade, and pop publications on topics as varied as language disorders in individuals diagnosed with Schizophrenia to the importance of incorporating personal identity in Augmentative and Alternative Communication Systems. Some recent selected writing includes:
- Blurred Lines: In Support of a Broader Interdisciplinary Model for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ADVANCE)
- Co-Creating Curriculum (SPECTRUMS)
- Following FreeSpeech: Behind the Scenes in the Creation of a New App for Language Learning (Buzzfeed)
- Defining Autism Spectrum Disorder - Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 (ADVANCE)
- Tell Me About the Last Time You Were Embarrassed (Autism Spectrum News)
- Speech-Language Pathologists in the Schools (SPECTRUMS)
- Traumatic Brain Injury: A Moment in Time (ADVANCE)
- The Village Within (ADVANCE)
Selected News and Interviews:
- Q&A with Makey Makey Jedi Lucas Steuber (Joylabz / MIT Media Lab)
- Breaking the Language Barrier (Business Tribune)
- FreeSpeech Interview (CBS News)
- Local 12 year old Creates Approved iOS App with Clinic's Help (ABC News)
- New App for Language Disorders Is First Special Education Tool to Be Featured First by Apple in Best New Apps (Upgrade Magazine)
- Ask an Expert: Lucas Steuber (Tiggly)
- Interview with Lucas Steuber (Sam Blanco)
- Recognized in 2015 as One of the Top Bloggers in Speech-Language Pathology (ASHA Leader)
Hourly Rates for Private Pay
*Scholarship eligibility subject to approved application.
**Private pay rates determined by travel time, frequency, and financial need.
LanguageCraft® does not bill insurance directly but will provide you with all necessary paperwork to seek reimbursement.